2012: A Noteworthy Year for STR Software
February 11th, 2013
In 2012, we celebrated our 26th year in business and it was a great one! As an organization, we can see the long view and we know that years like 2012 are preparing us to meet or exceed the goals we’ve set forth. Here are a few highlights to show you what we mean:
- We developed and released a brand new product for printing work orders with attachments from JDE E1 CAM. This is our first offering tailored to the JDE ERP and it has been great getting to know this market.
- Customer-driven development resulted in launching some awesome new features in our flagship products. On the email and fax side, “Stand Alone Document Delivery” makes delivery from Oracle even more intuitive to the end user. For our print product on the asset management side, the ability to dynamically select which work orders and attachments are printed has completely changed how users interact with their documents.
- We brought on five new hires from some of Virginia’s finest universities. They are bringing enthusiasm and innovation to our Services, Development, and Marketing teams.
- STR President, Ben Bruno, and Manager of Product Development, Brent Lowe, traveled to Australia for three weeks to meet with customers and perform implementations. Both were impressed with the vast and beautiful country and learned a ton about the mining industry.
- Our services team continues to receive high marks for their prompt, courteous, and reliable customer interactions, earning ratings of ‘Satisfied’ or ‘Highly Satisfied’ from 99% of hundreds of customer surveys sent out following the resolution of support tickets.
- We launched a new category on the blog aimed at helping customers get the most value from their investments in AventX software.
- 2012 kicked off the inaugural Foosball season at “STR Stadium”. The competition has been fierce but sportsmanship and camaraderie rule the table.
- We continue to thrive personally at STR Software as well: in 2012 we celebrated one wedding, one new baby, two new houses, and the milestone of sending a child to college.
Looking forward, 2013 will be a year of discovery and growth as we travel to visit more customer sites, bring on more new hires with diverse experience, and deploy new communications tools like LinkedIn Groups. More importantly, we’ll take the data we uncover and apply customer-driven development to both new and existing products. We are excited about what is to come and the relationships that will continue to grow in the coming months.