- Business Needs
- Application Integrations
- Delivery Technology
- About STR Software
About STR Software
Fax over IP (FoIP) is the latest technology on the market when it comes to sending and receiving faxes over the internet on a Voice over IP (VoIP) network. If you haven’t heard already, the premise behind FoIP is ability to implement centralized faxing for your entire organization while also significantly reducing hardware costs by going virtual; you become the hero! I think those FoIP developers are on to something good.
FoIP is best described as super highway for routing and sending faxes because your existing telephony network becomes the delivery channel for sending and receiving faxes. This is great because your telephony network is already there (or will be!)…why not use it more? Also, your new FoIP software is typically hosted on a virtual machine (aka VM) instead of a physical server. As an example, these VM’s are typically running Windows Server 2003 or 2008 R2 plus the FoIP software.
Here is a summary of benefits that your IT Department should expect:
Once installed, your new FoIP software hooks into your existing telephony system offering seamless integration for all your faxing needs. Supported phone systems include Cisco, Avaya, Nortel, Quitum, Dialogic VoIP networks, and digital media gateways (aka DMGs).
The following business pains are commonly solved with FoIP solutions:
1. Consolidate enterprise telephony and fax resources - save money
2. Electronically fax from desktop applications - make life easier at work
3. Route incoming faxes to one or many electronic destinations by routing faxes by the actual digits dials to printer servers, email servers (e.g. Microsoft Exchange and Microsoft Outlook), file servers (e.g. Microsoft SharePoint), application servers, database servers, and FTP servers.
4. Extract data from faxes to start workflow processes – make IT resources work for you
5. Centralize management of all document transmissions from multiple sources
For more information: