STR Software, based in Richmond, Virginia, is a small, niche company specializing in integrated document and data transfer solutions for business applications. For over 30 years, STR Software has filled gaps in document delivery found in ERP systems like Oracle, SAP, JD Edwards and more. With exciting new products in the Internet of Things (IoT) and data transfer space, as well as our established market-leader offerings, the Marketing Manager holds responsibility for the promotion of our products as well as the consistent representation of our brand. In addition, the Marketing Manager’s mission is to further the growth of the company and company goals. The role requires an ability to quickly understand new technologies and positively contribute to STR Software’s team environment while amplifying our core values. STR Software’s Marketing Manager must reside and work in Richmond, Virginia.
- Promote new and existing products with the goal of generating prospects
- Define clear strategies for each product
- Create plans and execute these strategies using SEO and content, email campaigns, etc.
- Evaluate marketing performance on a monthly basis and take action based on findings.
- Manage/oversee management of prospect database.
- Notify the market of events and milestones.
- Maintain brand standards
- Achieve consistency in branding and representation of STR Software for both internal and external audiences
- Work with Product Development to incorporate STR Software branding in software created
- Manage marketing team personnel. Act as a mentor and role model to the members of the team. Manage their workload as well as well as their personal growth
- Monitor the work of each team member to ensure professionalism and consistency with marketing strategy and branding.
- Define, adjust and record KPI’s for each member of the marketing team as appropriate.
- Hire, train, mentor, and coach new employees to the team as needed. Update/create “onboarding” plans using new and existing materials found in STR University and other sources.
- Support the sales team effort
- Work with the sales manager to coordinate efforts to support both our company and marketing strategies.
- Support the customer retention team (CRT) effort
- Support product management and partnership efforts as needed
- Attend and participate in weekly leadership team meetings and support leadership team intiatives
- Other activities as required
Key Skills and Experience
- Microsoft Office
- CRM Software
- Marketing Automation Software
- WordPress (nice to have, but not required)
- Adobe Creative Suite (nice to have, but not required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS in Marketing, Advertising or other relevant major
- 3-5 years of marketing management experience in the software industry or in another technical arena
Compensation combines salary, company retirement plan, medical and dental benefits, paid vacation and sick leave, life insurance and profit sharing.
Email resume and cover letter to
STR Software – Recruiting
11505 Allecingie Parkway
Richmond, VA 23235
< Back to Careers